Sunday 25 August 2013

Zara City bag with zips Review

So with my move to university literally just around the corner, I have needed to go shopping for the essentials that any girl would need to take those all important steps! One of them essentials being a new bag to carry around all of that £9000 worth of work & learning aids!

So I had walked the whole of my home town at least twice before I thought I was never going to find a handbag that fitted the bill! I had seen the zara city bag (£49.99) as it has become very well loved and recognised by other lovely bloggers and even celebrities such as Lucy Meck (TOWIE) and Michelle Keegan (corrie).


Zara city bag 
 I really liked the square, black and many pockets design  of the bag as it would be perfect for carrying around just about anything. I did however hold off on my love for the bag as I'm very much a shoulder bag kind of girl. Although the bag comes with a shoulder strap, perfect design and sleek black colour means that it would also go with any outfit or event a girl is or was to attend winwinwin! 

So after my trip around town looking in many of my other favorite shops but being very well disappointed at how beautiful but how small all the in stock bags were. I head to zara as I remembered how much I loved the zara city bag, I was filled with dread when there wasn't hardly any bags in stock but just on the way out HELLO the one and only bag that was the Zara City bag with zips! Just a note for some reason I love how these bags are known as "zara basics" 
Zara city bag with zips
Now this isn't the typical zara city bag others have been flaunting, it has a price tag of an extra £10 making the bag £59.99. Now the zara city bag with zips only has a few differences to the zara city bag (£49.99) I'm going to list them with photo's now for you. 



1) It only has two big zipped sections and a smaller sized zip section that is in the clipped section of the bag.





2) It is less of a harsh square shape like the other zara city bag
3) The strap on this bag seems to have more detail which I really like
4) There is a clasp to keep the handles of your bag together.

5) The zips are of a different design which is kind of given away in the name of the bag I guess.
R- zara city bag with zips. L- zara city bag


6) The zara office bag with zips is literally only like a eneyweeny bit smaller than the zara office bag. The zara website is perfect for checking exact sizing of bags zara office bag measurements- 30 x 42 x 15 cm.  zara city bag with zips measurements- 29 x 40 x 16 cm.
I personally think this bag is just cosmetically different as you get the same amount of space as you do in the 'original' zara city bag. I think when making the decision it would all come down to your own personal choice(Just as it should).

 I like that the two zipped compartments meet when clipped together this covers the more open area of the bag. As I live in England and we get a lot of rain and horrid weather which is never ideal when you have to walk around, I feel that this feature will help keep the contents of my bag dry phew.  I love that one zipped compartment is padded for a Mac book/laptop should you wish to use it, there is also an iPad slot in the other zipped compartment (also in zara office bag). It amazes me that even our handbags are so in tune with technology these days! 

I have filled the bag with some of the things I think I will take to uni with me on a daily basis and it isn't to heavy to carry. I am sad that it doesn't fit my 'new' ring-binder folder in,  I do think I will need to take some sort of small (pretty) shopping tote style bag some days as I will need to carry heavy books and bigger folders! Unfortunately I think the only kind of bags that accommodate for this type of use are huge luggage bags! I do however always over pack no matter what the circumstance I like to be prepared. 

I do really like this bag a lot despite the pretty pricey price tag and I think it will serve me well throughout my experience of becoming a first year "undergrad" student. 

Don't any of you other girls out there agree that zara do some absolutely stunning bags, like wow!! 

*I was lucky enough to have the zara city bag with zips brought for me as a "goodbye, goodluck" gift. All thoughts in this post are my own.  

10 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for writing this post. i was heartbroken to find that the office city bag was sold out and started considering the city zip. You are the only blog I have found with this bag reviewed. Do you like this one more than the original? Or do you find everything a tighter squeeze with the smaller size?
    Thank you again for writing this post!
    Kennedy
    theincompletemeproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello I am so sorry I haven't replied sooner I've had a crazy few months! I'm glad you liked my post I think I got lucky when I found the bag as it was the last one left. Ii do like it more because I like the closed in style of the inner pocket and the zips, I find everything fits fine for me and I use it every day for Uni and Its just perfect. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi, thank you so much for writing this blog post! Like the other commenter, I wanted to buy the Office City Bag but found that it was sold out. I have one question for you about the City Bag With Zips that I'm almost absolutely sure I have the answer to, but just wanted to double check. Is one of the zipper pouches padded to carry a laptop? Thanks you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello I am so sorry I haven't replied sooner I've had a crazy few months! Thank you so much for reading this blog post. I think I just got really lucky by finding this bag, Yes one is completely padded and its great really does its job well :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Holly
    This bag is soooo Beautiful !
    Plus, I love your Blog !
    You are welcomed to visit my website too :)
    shopandtrack.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Thank you very much I do adore carrying this bag around :)
      Thanks very much for the compliment be sure to follow as I'm going o be posting a lot more now.I will head on over and check out your blog!

      Delete
  4. Hi Holly!
    As all the other comments have said the Office City bag was sold out, so i started looking at this one instead.
    I was just wondering if you think a 15,6'' HD slim LED laptop can fit into the padded compartment? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lovely,

      I know that it fits comfortably a Mac book which are measure at 13.3 and 15.4 I do so believe (I may be slightly wrong) It isn't a very roomy compartment either. So it maybe that your laptop might fit at a push. Sorry if this wasn't much help I know its a total pain not being able to fit your laptop in this bag as my laptop doesn't fit in it :(

      x

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I fell in love. With this bag and sicne is from 2013 I can't seem to find it anywhere... Do you maybe have any ideas where to search? :) thnak you,

    ReplyDelete